After finishing all my assignments at university, I haven’t been in the creative mood - which explains the lack of posts.
I will however, be touching up some of my past assignments and I’ll maybe post them on here to share along with some other design work.
This is the logo I created for “The Pizza Parlour”, I never created a coloured version of the logo, so that’s exactly what I’ve done here.
Soooo, here’s my explanation of my design work.
I’ve been working with a client to rebrand his business; “The Pizza Parlour”. This client wanted a fresh visual identity, which looked a lot more modern than his original.
After we decided on a logo, he wanted some advertisements which could possibly be used on billboards, bus stops and his website. I produced all of what he stated, using consistency to easily refer to his restaurant identity.
He specifically asked if there was a way to show the audience that “make your own pizza” was clearly visible, yet, using the tag-line - “Where every pizza is a work of art”. The client also wanted A5 banners, representing his USPs (unique selling points). Instead of going with the red-based theme, I opted to splash some colour within these A5 banners, to break up the consistency a tad.
Branding a garden maintenance business.
These show my development with a variety of alternative logos.
Here’s my BSP video, created in Adobe After Effects.
The video seems like it has sped up in places, the realisation of this slapped me right in the face. Noticing I had been working into a 1-2 second timeline, in which some cases the animation was supposed to last a few seconds, rather than 1 second.
Anyway, here it is. It took me long enough to produce, considering this is my first video created within this program, I’m pretty pleased with the outcome.
Video quality has been reduced for uploading purposes.
*Free stock audio file*
Website in the making. I’m linking my Adobe After Effects video to my website design, using Adobe Muse.
This enables me to be more creative and explore a variety of techniques with Muse being relatively new to me.
The images that you see before you, fade into focus as the scroll down the web page.
This is only a rough draft of the home page. Don’t be too critical of the typographic layout. *Chuckles*
I’m currently working on something in Adobe After Effects.
I branded a ‘space programme’ that i’ll be using within my video.
More to come!
I’m in the process of rebranding myself. I’m not overly fond of the current logo. It doesn’t portray me as a designer. I feel the current logo looks too clean and simple for what I’m wanting. I haven’t come up with anything to my liking yet, but this is what I have at this moment.
I haven’t been frequent with uploads regarding my design work. I’ve been quite busy.
Here’s a book cover design which was entered into the ‘Penguin Design Awards’.
The brief gave you two options with which book cover to redesign. I chose to redesign the book; ‘The Outsiders’ - I knew a lot about the book, after reading/watching the film.
I thought this was a plausible option due to my knowledge of the storyline.
After experimenting with a variety of ideas, i was happy with this outcome. Using scans of my hands, i thought this was a visually striking way to represent elements from the plot. I used Baskerville as a base typeface, before i traced over the letters in a sketchy-like style. This seemed to make the type more engaging.
The only problem i have with this outcome, is how the design seems very horror-like.
I’m currently working on rebranding a logo for ‘Look A Head’. http://www.headandneck.info/
Look A Head are a charity to help raise awareness of head and neck cancer along with the symptoms.
They’re wanting a redesign of their current leaflet which helps you understand the charity and what it raises awareness of. They also want their current logo redesigning.
Here’s the logo which i’ve been working on. I didn’t want the logo to be very formal with the uses of type. I wanted the logo to visually show understanding and care. The ‘Look A Head’ is written by me, which i’ve taken digitally.
I’m unsure if the drawn giraffe visually looks like one. The reason they chose a giraffe for the logo is due to the ‘head and neck’. So as long as my logo portrays that message, it won’t matter too much.
Let me know your thoughts. I’ll be uploading the finished outcomes and the originals.
'The Student Starpack Awards'. This company challenges students from a wide range of courses to submit design outcomes set by brand leading FMCG (Fast-Moving Consumer Goods) compaines, design agencies and manufacturers.
The aim of this brief was to produce a new soft drinks brand for ‘Britvic soft drinks’. http://www.britvic.co.uk/
After receiving this brief, i immediately started to research into drinks brands which would give me an idea what’s already out there. I wanted to create a a drinks brand that had a unfamiliar flavour.
I chose the flavour of jalapeños.
I wanted my design to show the taste of the drink with colour scheme. (Taste as in the hotness) The best way to show this was to use either a blocked red or orange colour.
I kept my design fairly simple, i wasn’t overly fond of drinks brands using imagery, so i kept mine type-based.
The ‘Peno’ was hand-rendered, using inks and brushes. I tidied up the lettering in Illustrator.
These are my outcomes.